This freestanding, portable baptistry is made of molded fiberglass and features a beautiful, polished finish, inside and out. No need for plumbing; simply fill this baptistry with a garden hose and drain it using a small pump (available at most any hardware store) or for full heat and drain capabilities purchase our portable heater/pump unit.
- Baptize someone up to 7ft tall in sitting position
- 5'8" Long x 31" Wide x 36" Tall
- Uses 100 gallons of water. Weighs 230 lbs empty, 1050 lbs filled
- Narrow enough to fit through most doors
- Reinforced seat platform with skid resistant surface
- Fiberglass Steps are included and store inside unit
- Included: Fiberglass tub/box, fiberglass steps.
- Optional Items (sold separate): Cover, Heater.
- Wheels are not available for this unit.
- A drain not available for this unit. You can drain unit with an electric pump (not included) or our optional heater/pump combo.
- Baptistries are not part of our Free Shipping Program because they cannot ship by UPS. See the Zone Map below for Shipping cost.
- Shipping Times:
- BONE, WHITE, BLUE, AQUA: allow 2-5 business days to ship. Refer to Zone Map below for Delivery Times.
- BLACK: allow 5-10 business days to ship. Refer to Zone Map below for Delivery Times.
- Transit times and availability are not guaranteed, but are typical time frames. If you have a need by date, please email us for availability and transit time to your specific location. Be sure to include the model #, color, any options required along with your complete shipping address.
- Safety Warning: With all baptistries, make sure unattended children cannot access the unit, especially when it is filled with water.
- Dry Weight 230 lbs
- Filled Weight about 1050 lbs
- Available in Blue, White, Aqua and Bone (off white/tan) and black
- Optional wooden communion top available
- Two week delivery is typical, but can be 4-6 weeks if out of stock
- No Drain. Bottom of well is at floor level so no drain can be placed on this model. Most churches use a sump pump to drain it.
31" width allows the portable baptistry to fit through most doors.
Even though it's 5'8" long, you can baptize someone up to 6'8" to 7' tall. Remember, they will be sitting on the platform. About 28" (+ or - a few inches) of a 7 foot persons height is from the knees down. They will be in a sitting position with 28" of their height (figure about 2 feet or so) pointing straight down. Deduct 2 feet from someone 7 ft tall and you are left with about 5ft or more of lateral length when they are laying down.
Q. How is the candidate baptized/How do they enter the pool?
A. The included fiberglass steps are placed next to the unit and the candidate proceeds up the steps and then steps on to the seat platform. From there they take a step or two towards the other end and then step down into the well where he then sits and is baptized from a sitting position. The minister remains dry, outside the portable baptistry.
Q. Do the steps store in the unit?
A. Yes, the included removable steps store inside the tank when not in use.
Q. Do we need to get the top or can we use it without it?
A. We have (2) top styles. Our optional wooden communion table top allows the portable baptistry to be used as an altar, communion table or even as a nice looking brochure table in the narthex. The fiberglass top is more utilitarian and is suitable for allowing the unit to be used as a table in the vestibule or a hallway. It also helps in keeping debris and dust out of the unit when in storage. SAFTEY WARNING Tops are not locking and should not be considered as a safety device to prevent children from entering the pool. The church is responsible for ensuring that small children cannot access the pool as they could climb into the unit and drown if the unitis not secured.
Q. How do we fill and heat the unit?
A. Fill with a garden hose and use one of the 2 optional immersion heaters to warm the water. If you have access to a hot water tank you can fill the unit with 40-90 gallons of heated water then top off with cold water from a hose.
If you do not have a hot water tank, you can order our immersion heater or our P120 portable baptistry circulation heater
Q. Is there a drain or can we order it with a drain?
No drain is available for this unit due to the way it is designed. Most churches drain the unit with a small electric pump available from most hardware stores for under $40 or they purchase our complete fill, heat, drain solution-the P120 Portable Baptistry Heater and Pump!
Q. What is the warranty?
A. There is a manufacturer provided 5 year warranty against structural defects, cracking and leakage. We do not recommend leaving water in any fiberglass baptistry for extended periods of time. If you will be leaving water in the baptistry when not in use, please ask about our Aqua Guard surface.
Q. Can we order it with wheels?
A. This unit is not offered with wheels. We recommend you get 2 furniture movers (the wooden kind available at most home improvement stores) to move your baptistry. Be sure to remove them before filling or using the baptistery.
Q. Do we need to finish it off or can we use it as is?
A. This unit is beautifully finished and ready to use right out of the box. Some churches elect to get skirting around the edges but we do not think you need it.
Q. How long will it take to arrive at our church once we place the order?
A. Most colors ship out in 3-5 business days. Once shipped, delivery is usually within 2-7 biz days of when the unit is shipped. Delivery is via 18 wheeler truck operated by commercial trucking lines. Once shipped, we have no control over the delivery process. The trucking company will call you to schedule a delivery appointment and you will need to have 3-4 men available to unload the unit from the back of the truck.
Here is the inside of the Black Baptistry
The Aqua portable baptistry (shown with optional skirting)
Bone Color Portable Baptistry with Optional Wooden Top
Bone Portable Baptistry (with optional fiberglass lid)
BLUE Portable Baptistry
How to move your portable baptistry? We sell wheel kits, but for the money and for safety, we suggest using two wooden furniture dollies.(Just make sure to put the baptistry on the ground before filling it with water)