Altar Crosses and Sets
Our brass, bronze or wood Altar Crosses are made of the finest quality. Our crosses are available alone or in sets with matching vases and candlesticks.
Additionally, any of our Altar Crucifixes can be ordered without the corpus as an altar cross, if you don't see a selction below that you like.
TIP: The top of altar cross should be the highest point on the communion or credence table with the candle tops reaching just below the horizontal cross arm.
- Solid Brass Church Altar Cross (Vases and Candlesticks Not Included)
- Cross includes IHS Emblem
- Traditional 3-Step brass base with velour bottom
- Polished Brass
- 24" tall cross has a 7" diameter base and a 1" thick cross
- Optional candlesticks are 10" tall with 5" base and 1-1/8" candle sockets
- Optional Vases are 11.5" tall with 5" vase with liner
- Made of Solid Red Oak
- Features a three-step oak base
- Light, medium, or dark stain
- Hand applied clear protective finish
- Minor assembly required.
- 14" 18" 24" or 36" heights
- Made to order. Allow 2-4 weeks to ship.
- Solid brass cross with brass base
- High Polished Brass finish (also available in silverplate)
- Base 5" diameter
- Overall Height 17"
- Optional IHS Emblem available
- Solid Brass Altar Cross with round base
- Available with or without IHS Emblem
- Height 24" with 7" diameter base
- High polished finish with clear protective lacquer
- Clear finish never needs polishing, simply wipe down after handling
- Also available in Silverplate
- Solid Brass Altar Cross with IHS Emblem
- 7" diameter round base
- Overall Height 24"
- Light Oak or Dark Oak Accents
- Optional Corpus Available
- Refinish Brass, Bronze and Silver
- Refinishing of altar candlesticks, paschal candle stands, candelabra and just about any other type of candlestick altar cross, processional cross, flower vase and even tabernacles can be refinished.
- Repair dents and dings, cracks, spilt castings
- We fix bent candlesticks
- Refinishing is often much less expensive than purchasing new plus your church gets to keep a piece with sentimental value.
- Refinishing of church goods is good for the environment!
- See below for details. Current lead times are around 4-5 months as of March 2022
Your church interior is a special place and deserves the finest quality in its religious appointments. With a large selection of items, we can help you find the perfect altar crosses to complement your worship.
Many altar and processional crosses are available with the "IHS" symbol, what does "IHS" stand for?
IHS are the three Greek letters iota, eta, and sigma. These are the first three letters of the Greek word Iesous (Jesus),
IHS also represents the Latin phrase “Iesous Hominem Salvator,” “Jesus, savior of man.”