AS-5 - EQAS Fully Automatic Baptistry Heating System
- Our complete baptistry heating system for use in new or existing baptistries.
- Available in 5.5kw or for larger pools, 11kw heating wattage
- Baptistry circulation heater and pump unit can sit on ground or a platform up to 20ft from the baptistry.
- For safety, this unit MUST be installed/used on a GFCI protected circuit.
- Designed for use on pools 1000 gallons or less or get our optional booster heater for larger baptisteries.
- Includes automatic filling of pool-just push a switch
- Auto draining of baptistry-just push a switch
- Auto water level control - senses low water and adds more as needed
- Pre-wired, plug together connectors make installation easy.
- On-off switch can be mounted remotely (works via air pressure)
- Built in Time Clock and Thermostat.
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY
- Options Sold Separate: UV sanitizer, Booster Heater, Remote Control Panel
- NOTE: If ordering this unit you do not need to order a separate drain, overflow or fill valve. The overflow fitting is included for the top of the water level, you will need to provide the pvc pipe to connect back in to your drain line.
- Manufactured using all UL Registered parts and an ETL listing.
- Heater, pump, base and all fittings included
- For use with 240v only. (208v available as special order with $75 extra charge and 4-6 week delivery)
- Electrical Requirements: 2 pole, 40 amp (60 amp with booster)
- Heater size (with pump installed) 16" tall x 24" wide x 16" deep
Additional Features on the AS-5 Baptismal Pool Heater
- Unique water flow design for quiet system operation
- Air Switch allows for manual top side control (idle, start) of heater
- VDS— Visual Diagnostic System on front cover
- Must be used on a circuit that has GFIC (Ground Fault protection)
- Long life Incoloy heater element with stainless steel enclosure
- ITT Hydro Aire whisper quiet pump with cord & pre-wired plug connector Thermostat
- Built in Time Clock
- Built in Heater
- Power ON indicator light
- Timer Control for automatic operation
- Manual Control switch for manual operation
- High Limit switch with reset button
- Internal Pressure Switch to prevent dry firing
- Mounting base with mounting screws
- Heater to Pump PVC pipe with fittings
- Baptistry wall fittings included
- “Easy Hit” incoming wiring lugs
- UL Registered components and ETL listing
- Electrical Requirements H-5 = 2 pole, 40 Amp
- Heater Dimensions(with installed pump) 16" Tall, 24" Wide, 16" Deep
CAN THE PUMP BE USED TO DRAIN THE BAPTISTRY IF WE DON"T HAVE A FLOOR DRAIN?
There are a few considerations but yes the Baptistry can be power drained by the system pump if it has been plumbed with a 3 way valve in the return line on the pressure side.
The 3 way valve allows the user to close the return line from the pump and divert to a 3rd outlet to waste.
The pump will empty the baptistry at about 50 GPM so it should be faster than a gravity drain.
this will also require a person be on watch to turn off the pump once the water is at the level that allows air into it.
If this does occur there is a possibility of the pump motor failing if the pump runs dry.
There will also be water left in the tub just above the suction fitting.
You can use a submersible pump which can be placed in the baptistry to be power drained and then removed once it has been emptied.
This will leave only a few inches at most in the tub.