- 7/8" Nylon Refillable Oil Candle with screw-off BRASS TOP
- Available for Immediate Shipment in STOCK SIZES: 6", 9", 12", 16"
- CUSOM SIZES: 10", 14", 18", 20", 24") please allow 4-8 weeks
- Made of tough, durable nylon to last for years
- Included Brass top with replaceable wick simply unscrews for easy refilling
- Candle color looks just like real beeswax
- Use with Lux Mundi Pure Liquid parafin
- Approximate Burn Time for 7/8" x ALL HEIGHTS is 4.5 hours
4 Ways to Ensure a Proper Fit to Your Candlestick
Method 1 -Slide in to Your Existing Candle Sockets- just like a wax candle
You can often simply drop the new oil candle into your candlestick socket, just as you would with a wax candle.
**Order the same size oil candles as your wax candles. (i.e. If using 7/8" wax candles then order 7/8" oil candles.)
See below for information to help determine whether your existing sockets will work.
Method 2 - Directly Attach to Candlestick
All of our oil candle shells have a threaded hole in the bottom to enable them to screw directly to your candlestick. Several different size adapters are included to fit different size candlestick threaded rods/bolts. You simply unscrew the socket from your candlestick and screw the adaptor directly in its place. The oil candle then screws onto the adaptor for a semi-permanent yet easily removable attachment.
Method 3 - Replace Your Sockets
You can also replace your existing sockets with new Lux Mundi sockets This method is best if you want to use a different size oil candle than your existing sockets will accomodate, or if your existing wax candles are difficult to insert and remove from the sockets. (This typically means there is wax build-up or the socket may be slightly undersized.)
Method 4 - Custom Ends
Oil candles can be custom made to fit your existing sockets at no additional charge. This usually requires you to either measure your existing sockets with extreme precision using a micrometer or to send us your sockets to use as a guide (preferred). If you would like your oil candles to be custom fitted, place your order via our web site and in the Special Instructions section at checkout, put a note "We would like the candles to be custom fitted to our sockets", we will then email you instructions on where to send your sockets. Once your sockets are received, we will shave the bottom of the candles for a beat, professional fit and return the sockets along with the candles. (Please allow a few days in house turn around for this option)
Do you need NEW Sockets or can you use your existing ones?
If your wax candles slide in and out of the socket easily, then most likely the oil candles will too.
If the wax candles bind or are difficult to insert in the socket, then check to see if there is a build-up of wax on the inner walls. You may need to scrape away the old wax, or take the socket off and submerse the socket (never the candlestick) in a pot of warm to hot water to loosen the wax. (You can also use a hairdryer.) Once the wax is soft, wipe away as much as you can and dry everything thouroughly. Now, try to insert the wax candles. If they slide in easily, it should be okay to order your new oil candles without sockets.
If it requires effort to insert the wax candle in your socket, then you probably need to order new sockets to hold your oil candles.
How the Sockets Attach
In the picture below, note the new brass socket next to the oil candle. The socket has a threaded hole and comes with 2 adaptors in the most common size threading (3 are shown but we typically send two: 1/4-20 and 5/16-18, while the socket itself has a 3/8-16 threaded hole, so you have 3 options). Find the correct size adaptor for your candlestick and then simply screw the adaptor into the bottom of the socket. Your new socket can now be screwed down on to your old candlestick.
You can also screw our candles directly to most candlesticks by unscrewing the socket and screwing one of our included oil candle adaptors in its place. Our oil candle then screws down over the oil candle adaptor.
Oil Candle Appearance
- Our liquid paraffin oil candles are handcrafted of quality nylon, look just like real beeswax candles and are practically indestructible.
- Oil candle color is similar to a 51% Beeswax Candle
- Refillable candles come complete with a satin or high polish brass follower and wick.
Below is a Refillable Oil Candle with the Screw off Brass Top
Absolutely. If you are currently experiencing problems with your wax candles, switching to il candles should solve your problem. In extreme situations, such as with heavy HVAC currents blowing on candles, we have Draft followers available, but they are usually not needed with oil candles.
Do Oil Candles Help With Drafts?
Wicks can come preset from the factory with a small flame for maximum burn time. You can increase the size of the flame by simply pulling the wick out of the shell or canister a little bit however this does reduce your burn. Wicks are made of nylon and are replaceable. Most wicks should last six months to year and they are easily replaced.
Lux Mundi wicks are about 4-1/2" long and feature a small brass fitting on the top. This fitting is threaded on the outside and is used to screw the wick into the top of the canister or follower.
Lux Mundi wicks WILL NOT WORK with other brands of oil candles.
About our Oil
- Only use genuine, made in the USA LIQUID PARAFFIN with your Lux Mund oil candles.
- Liquid paraffin is not the same product as lamp oil found in many hadware or specialty stores.
- NEVER USE LAMP OIL OR KEROSENE with Church Oil Candles. You can cause respiratory problems for the congregation.
- Our Liquid Paraffin is designed to give clean, odorless and irritation free burning.
Refillable Oil Candle COMMON QUESTIONS
- The follower serves as a top and unscrews so oil is added directly to the candle.
- The long lasting fiberglass wick is easily replaced and lasts for up to a year.
- Flame height can be adjusted by amount of wick pulled out of candle. Note: larger flames burn more oil so candles will not last as long as when burned at factory setting.
- Refillable candle burn time Varies by candle DIAMETER not height. Taller candles do not burn longer than shorter candles. Wider candles DO BURN LONGER than narrow candles.
- All candles have the same depth oil resevoir regardless of the height of the actual candle