Locking sacrarium unit can be used in church sacristy to provide for the correct disposition of rinse water used with sacred vessels. Double bowl style allows for sacred and profane usage while single basin style features a key lock to prevent accidental profane use. Easy to install, this sacrarium unit is beautifully crafted in the USA and features:
- Single or Double Basin Style options
- Bronze Cover with satin & polished finish.
- Heavy guage stainless steel basin
Select from Hinged Sacrarium Cover with lock and keys or Lift-off style cover. Both style covers feature a bronze finial cross.
Use to retro fit existing sacristy cabinets.
- Allow 4-8 weeks for delivery.
See item details for dimensions and specifications
- We do not recommend that you cut your hole until you have the bowl on site. (Measurements can vary slightly)
- Size A Single Basin (not shown) is a single basin with lid. Size is 13" width with 15.25" length (front to back) Bowl size is 11" wide with 13-3/4" length and 6" depth. Single basin features your choice of lift off or hinged cover with one drain.
- Size B Double Basin (pictured) is a double basin with lid. Size is 25" width with 17" length. Bowl size is 10" wide with 14" length and 9-3/4" depth. Double basin features one side open for profane use and one side with locking cover for sacred use.
Satin Bronze Cover with polished cross
Hinged Cover opens 120 degrees with built in back stop
Includes under counter mounting hardware.
- Strainer and plumbing not included. (Plumber to supply.)
- Basin has a standard 2" drain opening
- Instructions for plumbers: According to Canon (church) Law, the sacrarium is to be fitted with a drain that is piped directly into the earth. The piping may be of any suitable material but may not connect with the regular drain lines that lead to the sewer or septic.
- Instructions for Sacristans: It is not permissable to pour the Sacred Blood in the Sacrarium, even if diluted with water. (It must be consumed by the priest, deacon or Eucharistis Minister.) The Sacrarium is used for disposing of water from:
- washing/rinsing chalices and ciboria
- washing altar linens
- water used to clean places where the host was dropped or Precious Blood spilled